Friday, September 16, 2005

Makes Johnny a Dull Boy

You can spend all 24 hours a day studying and still feel like you're not done.

Given that fact, what's a law student to do? Study strategically. And, learn the art of not getting called on in class.

I've tried various methods with great success. In Contracts, I commit to looking down at my notes and furrowing my brows to give the appearance that I'm in great confusion and turmoil. If you call on me, I am apt to make a horrible scene and cry.

In Civ Pro, I am fortuitously situated behind a big guy who covers up my name tag.

In Property, I volunteer a lot. That way, the prof feels like I would manipulate the class too much if he also called on me for the "tough" involuntary questions.

But there still remains a mountain of reading and briefing to do when you get home. My life has morphed into this horrible, monotonous schedule:

Wake up.
Study.
Go to class.
Go home and study.
Go to another class.
Go home and study.
Go to sleep.

Repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_