Friday, April 14, 2006

Fantasy v. Reality

Prof S's advice to us students about to pick our next year clases:

Choose what interests you.

He elaborated on how we should be excited everyday to wake up and go to class. We should spend the next two years in a legal candyland full of joy and wonder.

It was like a siren call to me and I listened entranced.

And then I was rudely awakened by Prof. D's advice:

Every student should take these four classes: Tax, Corporation, Admin Law, and Constitutional Law.

I wish these two pieces of advice didn't seem so mutually exclusive to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that does seem a bit contradictory. But I actually really liked admin law, and con law wasn't THAT painful...I wish I could say the same for tax and corporations. Hey, but you're good at math right? Tax is kind of like math class.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tax can be fun! Just think of all the people you can help in the future...

Rob

11:34 PM  
Blogger Alice in Wonderland said...

Those four seem to be very useful out in the real world, no matter what area you choose to practice in later.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_