Monday, October 03, 2005

Legaldegook Soup

A is for amicus curiae
B is simply breach
C is for construction
(As in, "the court's construction of his speech...")

D is for dominant estates,
which rights run with the land,
And E is for equitable servitudes,
which make Property so grand.

F is for foreseeability,
G is for good faith,
H is for good ol' habeas,
as in the "corpus" you may take.

I is for intent, illegal,
and immunity,
J is for jurisdiction, judge,
and judiciary.

K is for the study of Contracts,
K is the abbreviation,
which reminds me, I should stop this poem,
and read more about "formation."

Alas, the alphabet stretches on,
But I must hit the books,
But let me end on the letter "L"
Which stands for legaldegook.

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

this is by far the nerdiest piece of poetry i have ever read. i can't believe you made it rhyme!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Alice in Wonderland said...

I didn't start out intending for it to rhyme...but sometimes things just take on a life of their own.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Alaberi said...

I love it!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_