Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I thought I had seen it all...

You won't believe what happened in Contracts class today. I'm still in disbelief now even as I write...

Prof. W, a distinguished faculty member for many years and easily older than all of our mothers, called on a student who responded in a most untypical way.

Prof. W: Mr. Matthews, what did the court say was the correct damages?

Mr. Matthews: Professor, before I answer, can I just say that you look really good today?

(The class gasps in disbelief and all eyes are on the bold Mr. Matthews)

Prof. W: Excuse me, Mr. Matthews? Is this your clever way of evading the question?

Mr. Matthews: No, really. Your jacket (a bright turqoise color) really brings out your blue eyes.

(By this time the entire class is laughing riotously at the cheeky Mr. Matthews).

Prof. W: Well, Mr. Matthews, I think you're embarassing your classmates more than yourself. Mr. Cahill (Mr. Matthew's neighbor) is redder than a beat.

(The whole class turns to look at Mr. Cahill's beat-red cheeks).

***End Scene***

I did NOT make this up! I COULD not make this up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_