Thursday, October 27, 2005

How's law school?

Soon it will be November and half the semester will have been over.

Many people ask me how law school is going.

I usually take a deep breath, roll my eyes, and say something to this effect: It's REALLY hard. Or: I study ALL the time. Followed by: There is an infinite amount of work to do but you only have a finite amount of time. So it's all about triage.

But already I'm learning some valuable lessons (legal and otherwise):

Lesson 1. When you sell or buy commercial property, you should really consider getting a lawyer. Why? Because of terms like "fee simple subject to executory limitation." Enough said.

Lesson 2. It's hard to accept that most people are smarter than you. But that cold fact has been slapping me in the face every day since the semester started. My ego hurts.

Lesson 3. In law school, TV is not your friend. Neither is Netflix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_