Friday, November 18, 2005

Christina Gets Protein, Still Lacks Nerves


This was a good week for a starving student, all in all.

I got to eat sirloin tips with onion rings and mashed potatoes twice this week. And the best part was, it was free! Oh and smoked salmon and quiche and wine. How can this be? The school gives money to professors so they can take students out to lunch atleast once a semester.

I went out to lunch with Prof. S and Prof. H this week. There was a group of us students, and we got to chit chat etc. It was nice. But how much can you really get to know another person in just an hour or two? Not much. But I ate good.

Since our semester is effectively over in just about 3 weeks, I wanted to shake the profs' hands and thank them for their teaching and tell them I really enjoyed their classes. But I didn't. I lost my nerve. I didn't want to look like a cheesy pansy in front of my classmates (but I am a cheesy pansy!) so I let the opportunity slip me by.

But having been a teacher before, myself, I know how much it means to a teacher to hear encouragement. And you hardly ever hear it. You always hear about it if someone doesn't like what you're doing...but you never get to hear praise. Teachers are people too. Even law professors need to be told they did a good job.

Maybe I'll do it privately on the last day of class.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

if they remember your face, do it with class and send a thank you note.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_