Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The End Game

Now that it's November, law school has shifted to another gear.

It's time for my end game.

Yes, that's right, ladies and gentlemen, law school is like war. In war, you always need an endgame. You've fought your battles, you've disciplined the troops, you've looked the enemy in the eye, and now, it is time to strategize your final victory.

But what, you may ask, is the "victory" of law school?

Those of you pure in heart and soul may think that the goal is general wisdom and learning. Well, it's not. The sweet victory of law school is pure and simple. It is as basic as your first grammer school lesson, when you sat on rickety wooden chairs, colored innocently out of the lines, and sniffed paste...it's an "A."

Call me a cynic, but that is the goal. That is a touchdown. That is the prize.

Now, this coveted prize is exceptionally hard to attain because that is the way the "system" has set it up to be. All exams are curved and only maybe 10% of students will get an A in any given class.

The way is narrow. The path is steep. The competition is fierce. But I have a plan. Yes, you always need a plan.

Of course I won't bore you with the details of my little strategy...but suffice it to say, it's going to be very expensive in terms of time. In a war there is always sacrifice. And in order to really put this baby into action I need to sacrifice my discretionary time. That means less TV, less internet surfing, and no more shopping. If I were wise, I'd cut out TV altogether...hmmm.

That would be tough...
I do love my shows...

But I should suck it up! This is war!

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

as long as it's not less blogging, i fully concur and support!

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_