Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm a "survivor"!


There is an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in which Colby Donaldson (Contestant on the reality game-show, Survivor: Outback), gets in an argument with an old jewish man who was a survivor from the Holocaust, about who is more worthy of calling themselves a survivor.

The whole point was to make fun of the way people so easily refer to themselves as "survivors" even though they didn't survive anything seriously traumatic (like the Holocaust). Beyonce is a case in point.

Anyway, in that spirit, I would like to revel in some self-congratulatory thoughts by calling myself a survivor. Today was the last day of the semester and I'm happy to find that I've survived!

Hey, I earned that title. Law school was tough. I scarcely slept, I worked like a dog, I barely had contact with people, my classmates were all competing with each other, and all I had to eat for 3 months were Balance bars and coffee. Now that's suriviving! Let's see CBS make a reality show out of that!

Of course, finals are still looming ahead like a dark death-cloud... But after finals, I'll be a real survivor...of sorts.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

i think you've hit the nail on a new reality series ;)

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_