Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Mother's Worst Nightmare, Literally

I just read this horrific case about a mother who murdered her daughter at night.


The mother was prone to sleepwalking and apparently had a dream that an army was in her daughter's bedroom, attacking her daughter. She took an axe and ran into the girl's bedroom (all the while asleep) and started hacking away at what she thought were the evil soldiers (but was actually her daughter)!

She woke up over her dead daughter with blood splatters everywhere. She walked slowly to the neighbor and said, "I think I may have hurt Penny (her daughter)."

This case was especially chilling to me because I'm a big sleepwalker. I've often wondered if I might possibly harm Michael (or myself), unconsciously. I never worried too much about it becuase I had never heard of such a horrible thing happening during someone's sleep. Now I'm a little worried.

But at least I know I won't get any jail time for committing such a murder. You can't be punished criminally for an involuntary act.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more than a little worried...maybe I should lock away the kitchen knives every night.

2:30 PM  
Blogger B.Amelia said...

It sounds like that case a couple of years ago, the man used sleepwalking as a defense for killing his mother-in-law.

I mean thats pretty sad about the mother killing her daughter, i've never sleepwalked before, but i might invest on rooms with locks with keys from the inside just incase of roommates who in the future may have tendencies of sleepwalking.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Alice in Wonderland said...

That's hilarious! (about the woman eating in her sleep). Come to think of it, I've had many reoccurring dreams in which I am stuffing my face with yummy foods that I usually try to stay away from...pizza, chocolates, donuts. Maybe those weren't just dreams...

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_