Thursday, December 22, 2005

HO-HO-Homework

Final exams are collectively, the grinch that steals Christmas for first year law students everywhere.


Instead of flying home with visions of sugar-plums dancing in my head, I am nailed to my desk with reams of outlines to study up on. Final exams are taken in January, so for nerds like me, it's impossible to celebrate until well after the New Year.

But it's really hard to study all day and I've not been entirely successful.

A day of "studying" really turns out to be just a day of watching bad day-time TV. I had no idea their were so many Court-TV shows out there. The People's Court, Judge Hatchett, Judge Judy, Moral Court, Texas Justice, Judge Matthison, etc.

I've had to turn off my internet too because once I get tired of watching bad tv, I end up surfing at my desk for a couple hours...and then checking the tv to see if anything better is on.

Desparate times call for desparate measures, so I've decided to do the most extreme and ruthless thing yet: to keep a log of how many hours I've actually studied. The results, ladies and gentlemen, were horrible.

In one entire day of "studying" I logged a whopping total of 3.5 hours! That's barely longer than a Peter Jackson movie! Pathetic. That was just two days ago.

Yesterday, I attempted to study better and logged an impressive 5.5 hours. Better, but still painfully short of a full day's work. Let's see how far I get today. I'm aiming for 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
_